World Cup ticket prices out
The Rugby League World Cup (RLWC2017) organising committee has announced that fans would be able to attend World Cup games in Papua New Guinea later this year for just K30.
Ticket prices range from K30 to K120 and go on sale from Aug 24.
During an event held yesterday at the National Football Stadium, RLWC2017 chief executive office Andrew Hill unveiled the ticketing details and kick-off times for the three pool games to be contested in Port Moresby.
“Our priority was to make tickets affordable and accessible to as many fans as possible, particularly families,” Hill explained.
“It was a conscious decision on the part of the organising committee to ensure there was a ticket price to suit everyone and provide an opportunity for fans and families to attend this year’s Rugby League World Cup.
“This year’s tournament is the most anticipated sporting event PNG has hosted and we know there is huge demand for tickets from fans wanting to be part of this history.
“With a capped crowd capacity of 15,000 for each game, we expect tickets to sell quickly when they go on general sale.”
As hosting partner of the RLWC2017, PNG will stage the PNG Kumuls three pool games: PNG v Wales on Saturday Oct 28, at 3pm; PNG v Ireland, on Sunday Nov 5 at 4pm; and PNG v USA, on Sunday Nov 12 at 3pm.
Individual ticket prices for each game:
- K30 for seats in the north and south grandstands;
- K50 for seats in the eastern grandstand;
- K80 for seats in the wings of the western grandstand; and,
- K120 for seats in the covered western grandstand
Tickets will go on general sale at 10am on Thurs, Aug 24 via the tournament’s official website: rlwc2017.com or from one of the eight Tiket Mastas outlets in Port Moresby.
- Brian Bell – Plaza, Turumu Street, Boroko, (Mon-Sun, 8am – 5pm)
- Brian Bell – Home Centre Gordon, (Mon-Sun, 8am – 5pm)
- Brian Bell – Vision City, Waigani Drive, NCD (Mon-Sun, 9am – 9pm)
- Stop n Shop – Rainbow, (Mon-Sun, 7am – 7pm)
- Stop n Shop – Waigani, North Waigani, (Mon-Sun, 8am – 8pm)
- Big Rooster – Erima, (Mon-Sun, 8am – 8pm)
- Big Rooster – Koki (Mon-Sun, 10am – 8pm)
- Cool Stuff – Waterfront Harbour City (Mon-Sun, 9am – 8pm)0
The RLWC2017 will be contested from Oct 27 October to Dec 2 and features 14 nations playing 28 matches in 13 cities across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.