Hela Call Out Progressing

Jack Lapauve Jnr

The Call Out Operation is progressing in Hela, with another notorious warlord surrendering his guns on Saturday.

Gigita warlord, Buka Miape, surrendered more than 15 homemade guns, with two being factory made. Miape and his community walked the streets of Tari town under the escort of joint forces to surrender their guns.

call-out-progressing-hela-2017

While surrendering his guns, Miape appealed to his enemy tribe to do the same. Governor Potape also echoed same sentiments for all warring tribes.

Praising the Gigita warlord, PNGDF Contingent Task Force Commander, Lt. Col John Manuai, says more guns are still in possession of warlords and must be surrendered.

This is the third gun surrender program so far since the Call Out was launched three weeks ago.

Hela Governor, Francis Potape, says a program will be drafted for each LLG’s to surrender before the Gum amnesty ends.

All weapons seized will be recorded by the joint forces, including names, and will be destroyed a day before the gun moratorium elapses.

 

http://www.emtv.com.pg/news/2017/01/hela-call-out-progressing/

Leave a Reply